Information on the processing of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation UE no. 2016/679)
(Our Website: https://www.theventotenelighthouse.eu)
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The data controller is the Editor, Mr. Antonio Longo, whose address is: via Agnelli 29 – 21013 Gallarate (VA) – Italy
Email address: email@example.com
Purposes and legal bases of the treatment
Personal data (usually referred to just as “data” below) will only be processed by us to the extent necessary and for the purpose of providing a functional and user-friendly website, including its contents, and the services offered there.
Per Art. 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”), “processing” refers to any operation or set of operations such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, alignment, or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction performed on personal data, whether by automated means or not.
The data collection and subsequent processing activities are aimed at pursuing the following institutional purposes of The Ventotene Light House:
- subscription to the email newsletter service;
- request for publications and other editorial products from The Ventotene Lighthouse;
- generic request for information;
- use of the sites and applications of The Ventotene Lighthouse accessible on different platforms (such as Facebook, Istagram, etc.).
For all these cases, the Data are processed by The Ventotene Lighthouse in compliance with the provisions of the GDPR, in particular for administrative purposes, pursuant to art. 6, paragraph 1, letter b) and c) of the GDPR, and for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of the Owner, in art. 6, paragraph 1, letter f of the GDPR.
The user always has the right to object to the use of their data by The Ventotene Light House, pursuant to art. 21, par. 1, of the GDPR, except that failure to consent to the use of the Data may result in the non-provision or interruption of the related service by The Ventotene Lighthouse. We do not use the data provided for purposes other than those listed above, to which the interested user has adhered.
The data are collected and recorded with the aid of electronic and automated tools, also through the insertion in databases, in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR on the security and confidentiality measures of the data.
In some phases of the collection and for particular needs, the treatment can also take place with paper and / or manual tools.
The data are not made accessible, brought to the attention of or communicated to third parties and in any case are not disclosed. Data processing is carried out by the editor of “The Ventotene Lighthouse”, for operations essential for the pursuit of the aforementioned purposes.
Data retention period
The data are kept for a maximum of 10 (ten) years for administrative purposes and, in any case, no longer than the time necessary to pursue the legitimate interest of the owner. The user can lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data in the event that he believes that the rights he holds pursuant to the GDPR or any other applicable legislation have been violated, in the manner indicated on the Guarantor’s website for the Protection of Personal Data accessible at: www.garanteprivacy.it.
Management of cookies
Cookies are used by internet browsers to personalize and facilitate user navigation. They are distinguished in the two types defined by the so-called ‘Cookies Provision’ promulgated on June 3, 2014 by the Guarantor for data protection:
- “Technical cookies”, strictly necessary for the operation of the site or for the provision of a service explicitly requested by the user. These cookies include those used to collect information, in aggregate form, on site access and browsing. The user who does not intend to use these cookies must disable their use by properly configuring the browser, as the user’s consent request is not required.
- ‘Profiling cookies’, used to create and update the user’s profile in order, for example, to send advertising messages. For the use of this type of cookie, user consent is required.